The quality of the sound delivered depends on the model of Xbox One headset that you choose. Comfort is another factor. The best Microsoft Xbox One headsets are those that you can wear for long periods without getting irritated. The last thing that you should look for in a headset is noise cancellation. It is vital for an Xbox One gamer.
There are several reasons why you should get a headset for your Xbox One. You will be able to enjoy games with realistic sound, they are portable and most of them are budget-friendly. This article contains detailed reviews of the 10 best Xbox One headsets in 2022.
|HyperX Cloud II||Best Overall|
|VersionTECH. Stereo Gaming Headset||Budget Pick|
|SteelSeries Arctis 5||Upgrade Pick|
1. HyperX Cloud II
- 7.1 simulated surround sound
- Excellent overall sound quality
- Versatile mic
- Very comfortable, breathable ear pads
- Lots of customization options
- Microphone not detachable for use as a headset
- Not really the best priced choice in the market
The HyperX Cloud II from Kingston is one of the most feature-rich headsets on our list, and we absolutely love it. The Cloud II is actually the latest generation of the previous HyperX Cloud model, and they’re a worthy successor.
Kingston claims that this headset has been upgraded for better comfort, though we’d still side with the former Cloud model in this one. The Cloud II offers a good level of comfort, but it’s not exactly the most comfortable gaming headset we’ve ever tried.
This headset comes with 7.1 surround sound, meaning that there are extra speakers added for an increased level of precision. This is in fact a simulated effect to create a more realistic feeling of surround sound, but it’s still good stuff.
2. Avantree Audition Pro 40 hr Bluetooth Over Ear Headset
- Avantree is one among few manufacturing companies that produce their own integrated circuit instead of using generic ones.
- It has an in-built volume controller and a mute button right on the side of the headphone, so you can adjust the volume as and when you please.
- It has a foldable design, so you could easily fold them up and place them back in the case when not in use.
- Wire length is 1.2 meters, so it is fairly long. You don’t have to sit right next to the console while gaming.
- The Avantree Audition Pro has an impressive 40-hour battery life. It could last you for days if you’re not a hardcore gamer.
- It can connect to dual devices simultaneously. You can connect to your PC and your Xbox One via Bluetooth so that you don’t miss out on an important call when gaming.
- It comes with a 3.5mm jack for wired use. This is pretty useful if the battery runs out when you’re playing.
- It comes with an easy to carry, sturdy hard-shell case. There’s room for the headset and the splitter.
3. Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum
- Allows you to connect headsets to multiple video game systems
- Premium sound quality – designed to capture immersive sound
- Interchangeable ear cup plates – the plates for the ear cups are placed inside each ear cup plate box
- Microphone automatically mutes when rotated up
Logitech is a reputable brand when it comes to gaming accessories, so we had high hopes for this product, and it definitely delivered.
While the Logitech G633 might be an excellent choice for PC and console gaming, it’s not necessarily a convenient option for mobile use. That said, when it comes to quality, we were not disappointed. The headset features full 7.1 Dolby and DTS surround sound, and the 50mm drives have a frequency response that ranges from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
Your headset is compatible with PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and mobile, so they’ll be useful for your gaming for many years to come. Plus, the sound quality is excellent on every platform. The microphone is of mid-range quality, and it works well for general chat and voice communications.
4. Avantree ANC032 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Over Ear
- Plug and play
- Cool and colorful design
- Best-in-class noise cancellation
- Durable headband and ear cushions
- 3.5mm cable for wired mode
- Soft pouch for storage
- Fantastic customer service
- Long battery life
- The ear cup padding
- Uncomfortable headband
- Slight issue with microphone
Tablet, Cell Phone – Black.
These headphones offer great noise cancellation and a long-lasting battery. Considering their cost, the Avantree ANC032 headphones are well worth the money! They are super comfortable with their soft ear pillows. These Avantree headphones have a plenty of padding on the headband and ear cups, making them top-notch for any gaming experience.
These Avantree active noise-cancelling headphones for gamers have a balanced sound so you can enjoy your games as you like. These headphones are comfortable to wear and easily adjust to your head size. It also comes with a storage pouch, which is flat; therefore, it occupies less space in a bag.
5. EPOS I Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headset
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency range
- Extended dynamic range and frequency response
- Genuine leather padding
- Open ear cup design for ambient noise reduction
- Noise-canceling microphone
- Steel spring headband and ear cup mounting ring
- Headphone drivers is 50 mm
- Minimum impedance: 33 ohms
- Maximum input power: 1,600 mW
- Rated input: 1 mW
Would you like to experience the same feeling of hearing the game or movie as it’s happening inside the studio? Then the EPOS I Sennheiser GAME ONE gaming headset is going to be the best one to go with. This is a quality high-end headphone that embodies the best of console gaming.
6. VersionTECH. Stereo Gaming Headset
- Made of super soft protein leather ear cushions for extra comfort and noise isolation
- Comfortable, adjustable headband and earcups for a personalized fit
- Over-ear design and padded ear cushions for long-wearing comfort
- Flashing lighted with 16 million RGB customizing features
- Comes with a detachable 3.5mm headphone jack and a 2-year warranty
- Although the headphones are comfortable, they are too tight to wear for long periods of time
- The volume control located on the left earpiece can be difficult to reach
- Sound quality is not great
Many gamers love the VersionTECH. Stereo Gaming Headset for PS4 Xbox One Controller, Noise Reduction Over Ear Headsets with Mic, Bass Surround & LED Lights for Laptop PC Mac PS3 and Nintendo Switch Games – Camo due to its easy-to-use features and innovative design that features flashing lights with 16 million customizable color options. The stereo surround sound can also be customized with noise reduction, bass, and, treble options to suit your listening preferences. These over the ear headphones are designed with time-tested, quality gaming equipment and are compatible with all major gaming consoles.
This headset features comfortable protein leather ear cups that are soft to the touch and come with a comfortable, adjustable headband and padded ear cushions for long-wearing comfort.
7. HyperX Cloud Stinger
- Cushioned Over-the-Ear Design
- Easy-Wired Plug
- Metal Grille
- Noise-Cancellation Microphone
- Soft-Padded Ear Cups
- Adjustable Wired Boom Mic
- Stereo Sound and Deep Bass
- Designed for PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Mobile Devices
- Easy Storage with Convenient Carrying Case
- Headset Will Overheat
- Play At Low Volume
The brand HyperX provides best gaming headphones for Xbox One which are designed to give great quality without burning. It’s not an over-ear system, but is comfortable for average-sized ears.
The design is lightweight and comfortable with soft-padded earcups that don’t cause the ears to sweat. The HyperX Cloud Stinger is adjustable and wired with a convenient storage box for transport when you want to game online.
The quality is great for the price and this type of set-up is ideal for all gamers. You can hear sound effects and music with the right amount of bass.
8. ONIKUMA PS4 Headset -Xbox One Headset Gaming Headset Noise Canceling Gaming Headphones
9. SteelSeries Arctis 5
- Easy to use and set up
- Ideal for gaming and watching movies
- RGB lighting with lots of options for design
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- Fold-able ear cups for easy storage
- Adjustable volume levels
- Some may find the RGB lights annoying
- Sound quality could be better
As you're probably well aware, we live in an "appliance society," meaning that we rely on our machines to do more and more for us. That includes our gaming rigs. If you want your Xbox One to be the ultimate home entertainment system that's as responsive to your needs as possible, look no further than SteelSeries for the perfect headset.
The Arctis 5, which comes in black, is the ideal blend of wired and wireless. You can plug the headset into your PC or PS4, or you can use the included Bluetooth adapter. My personal favorite of the two options is the wired option, as the highest quality sound possible comes out of it. Plus, it just secures the headset onto your head more firmly.
You can adjust the volume, the bass, and the voice of your teammates and opponents using the dial on the cord. The light on the side of the headset can also be changed to thousands of color combinations using their desktop app.
10. Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones
- Awesome bass deep and light sounds
- Great price
- Lacks some volume
- Mic shows background noises
Very good sound quality.
Great for audiobooks, music and gaming.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best headphones for Xbox one?
Despite all these updates, all of the peripherals work perfectly with the Xbox One in the same way. Simply disconnect the wireless adapter, and you have a normal Xbox One controller waiting to be used.
Xbox One Elite controllers are a total winner in our books, and it features almost everything an eSports gamer would want. It has two sets of paddle buttons that are customizable via a magnet at the back, as well as the option to swap the directional buttons for paddles in case you want to do so.
In addition, the Xbox One Elite controller has interchangeable thumb sticks, trigger locks, as well as interchangeable D-Pad. If you feel like keeping things simple and sticking with a controller that's more approachable to the majority, then take a look at the standard Xbox One controller.
Can you use regular headphones for Xbox one?
Yes. You can use regular headphones, but everyone knows that wired headphones are a no-no for gaming. The delay from your mic to your headphones may give you a few milliseconds of an advantage or disadvantage, but it could very well ruin the game for you. The audio quality is also not nearly as good as true Xbox One headphones. So if you don't want to buy a new set, or simply don't want to buy another pair of headphones … you're out of luck.
What is the best cheap Xbox one headset?
Now that you’ve researched the best Xbox headsets, it’s time to make your final decision. You have many great options from some of the best brands, however, they all differ in slightly different price points.
If you’re looking for the best affordable headset, we recommend the Astro A40 TR. It’s the most budget-friendly selection on this list, but it’s also one of the best performing headsets for Xbox One there is. You really can’t go wrong with this one.
If money isn’t an issue for you, you may want to look at the HyperX Cloud Flight, Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X, or the Sennheiser GAME ONE.
What headset do pro gamers use Xbox one?
For pro gamers, the headset of choice seems to be the Sennheiser GameOne.
The Sennheiser GameOne is a premium pair of headphones primarily used for professional gaming. The size and weight of the headphones make it a great option for people who will be using these while in proximity of other people.
There are two recommended models of the Sennheiser GameOne: the Sennheiser GameOne and the Sennheiser GameOne PS4. Each of these models contains a Dolby Surround Sound system that is best suited for gaming.
Here are the specs for both models:
The Sennheiser GameOne:
Weight: 8.3 OZ (230 Grams)
Transducer principle: Dynamic
Ear Coupling: Circumaural
Compatability: PC, MAC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, VR
The best PS4 headsets will both enhance your gaming experience and make it more comfortable. They’ll work for the PS4, but many will also game for PC, Mac, Xbox One, and even my Nintendo Switch. Some of these will also work for music and movies, but most won’t. The headsets we recommend will work well with the PS4 (or with a bit of setup), and some will also work for PC gaming.
|HyperX Cloud II||Best Overall|
|VersionTECH. Stereo Gaming Headset||Budget Pick|
|SteelSeries Arctis 5||Upgrade Pick|