Everyone’s had the experience of going to a friend’s house and feeling left out of the fun because you didn’t bring your own stupid little light to hold in the dark.
These days, they’re just as common a social lubricant as a nice centrepiece of fruit on the table.
There’s a world of awesome, silly party lights. I’ve found some of the best and put them here for your viewing pleasure.
1. LED Par Lights
- High-quality, long-lasting lights
- Easy to use
- Thousands of positive reviews from happy customers
- LED lights create a bright, colorful display
- Flashing option with different patterns available
- Includes 2 DMX channel modes for added convenience
- Lights last for more than 8 hours
- Sound activated mode for extra convenience
- Perfect for your wedding or kids’ birthday party
- Lights up a room up to 4 sq. meters
What we liked:
RGB color switch and dimmer, manual color changing mode, sound/music sensitivity level adjustment.
2. Laser Lights Led Projector,40 Patterns RG Laser DJ Stage Lighting,3 Sources Apertures Lens Red and Green Show
- Perfect for a a variety of events
- The built-in laser patterns are awesome
- Great audio-visual fireworks sound
- Reported to be too bright
- Musical volume is only mellow
- Control panel seems to be poorly made
The Laser Lights RG Laser DJ Sound Activated Projector is a fun device for parties and gatherings. It comes with a remote control and a very useful default music mode. 40 different laser patterns are programmed into the device, allowing you to choose from dazzling star patterns to dazzling confetti patterns.
Furthermore, the device comes with two lenses: an aperture and a focusing lens. The aperture lens is used for strobe effects and can be tilted and rotated by the handle. The focusing lens can be pivoted, and both lenses can be tilted different ways.
The device supports various kinds of stage lighting fixtures and equipment. It can last for a maximum of 7 hours before having to be reset. Overall, this is a great device and very effective for decorating during parties although the music volume doesn’t seem to be sufficient.
3. ADJ Products MEGA FLAT TRI PAK Bright Tri Colored LED + Free American DJ Mega TriPar Profile RGB
- High-quality LED color mixing effects
- Easy to use and program
- Features multiple chase, fade, and sound activated modes
- Cover a big area
- Battery power is weaker than the previous Mega series
- Too much light if you want to save power
After testing several different models of the lights, I recommend this product for its color palette, light coverage, price, built-in programs, and 1, 4, and 7-channel modes. It's very easy to use and the instructions and a remote control are quite straightforward.
The ADJ Mega Flat Tri Pak is made from lightweight plastic and comes with an adjustable metal stand that can extend to 14 inches. The lights are powered by eight AA batteries, which will last around 12 hours. It also comes with a 4.8-foot control cable and a 4-foot power cable.
Each unit is made up of three wide-angle LED panels that give off white, red, and green colors. The brightness is comparable to the previous Mega series and can be adjusted from 1 to 100%. You can also adjust the brightness of each of the colors, and choose among various modes.
4. Eyourlife 24 x 3W LED Stage Lights Wall Wash Lighting DJ Moving Head Lights RGB 3 In 1 Disco Light
- These lights are very affordable.
- The 3W RGB system provides a wide range of colors to choose from.
- These lights can pack a punch when it comes to brightness.
- The strong magnet can secure the lights with ease.
- The stand is made of a very durable resin material.
- The strong caster rubber wheels offer stability on any floor.
- The electronic sound-activated mode can adjust the lighting speed according to the music’s tempo.
- The lights require assembly.
- There is no on/off switch for the lights.
- The lights have an annoying buzzing.
- Not suitable for outdoor use.
- The lights sometimes tilt and slide when they are being moved with the magnetic base.
If you are in the market for a good set of party lights, the Eyourlife 24 x 3W LED Stage Lights Wall Wash Lighting DJ Moving Head Lights RGB 3 In 1 Disco Light for Concert/Party/Wedding, 40 Inch might be just what you need.
This package includes 40 moving head lights which are also called Spots. These lights are very versatile for parties, dances, concerts or even for any night dance in your backyard. The set comes with lights of different lengths and diameters, adequate to be used in all kinds of contexts.
5. CO-Z LED Stage Lights
- Quick and easy to hook up and set up at your venue
- Available in a variety of cool colors
- You can control the lighting with sound instead of DMX, which can go a long way in saving you money
- Connects to a DMX controller that you can program multiple settings into
- Triggers play in any tempo and can synchronize with a music source playing anywhere at the venue.
This is a great product for anyone running a party at home, whether it’s a small house party or a big outdoor party. This LED light set is ideal for illuminating your venue, especially if there’s something you need to stand out.
It’s easy to install, as well – you simply plug it directly into a power source. You won’t even have to install drivers or anything. Plus, you don’t have to be a power engineer to set it up – it’s that simple.
6. RGBW Color Mixing compact LED Par Can
The RGBW Color Mixing compact LED Par Can has 12 1-watt LEDs that have Red, Green, Blue and White color mixing. It has three different light settings, which are the single color mode, the RGB mixing color mode, and the strobe mode. It has a focal point of 600 and a concentric beam angle of 36.
It's made of plastic and comes with two optional louver angles, which are 15 and 30 degrees. The height of this light is 25 inches and it has a weight of 0.87 pounds. The wide voltage range is from 12V to 24V AC and 24V DC.
This light can be up-lighted for performances and general use, and it's also really well-suited for special events. It also works as a stage lighting, dance floor light, and highlight lights. It works best when the consumption efficiency is 24V DC and 120W. The color mixing light comes with a 15A power supply.
7. Ultra Bright LED FlatPar 7×10 Watt Quad RGBW SlimPar Light
- Light weight
- Output is fairly even
- Affordable price
- Versatile lighting effect
- Can be set to different modes
- Easy to use
- Long power cords
- No UV or infra-red
- Long life span
- Drivers are not included in the box. They have to be ordered separately.
- Light bulbs are not of high quality
The Ultra Bright LED FlatPar 7×10 Watt Quad RGBW SlimPar Light is one of the best party lights available in 2016. It offers very good value for your money with an amazing output. The only issue that customers have been reporting is the fact that the product does not include the drivers for the light bulbs. You have to order those separately and they can be a little expensive.
With this product, you can get unlimited lighting effects just by using the remote control. With a total of sixty-seven colors, you can choose from the different macrophoto patterns and change the color temperature from anywhere between 2500K to 5600K.
The dimmable 7×10 FlatPar light is also very convenient for a variety of reasons. Not only does it dim down to 1% without flicker, it also has a dimming range of 0%-100% with a power adaptor.
8. SUNY Laser Lighting 8 Gobos Effect Red Blue DJ Laser Light Blue LED Music Laser Projector Remote Control Sound Activated Stage Lighting Dance House Decoration Xmas Holiday Event Party Carnival Show
- The size is great, the weight isn’t heavy, and the output is great
- Built with a combination of plastic and metal, it’s durable and reliable
- Setting up the SunY Laser Lighting can be done in minutes
- It can be used indoors and outdoors … as long as the environment isn’t too windy
- It can remove the tedium from any party or holiday event
- You can make thousands of different patterns with colorful lights
- One of the best features is the light patterns that change automatically
- Check the various cables to ensure that you have all the necessary pieces
- The laser light band is a bit narrow, which might be annoying for some situations
- Due to the way the laser light band is connected, it might be challenging to secure the base with a tripod
- A separate tripod and remote is needed to use this product
The SunY Laser Lighting 8 Gobo Effects Red Blue DJ Laser Light Blue LED Music Laser Projector Remote Control Sound Activated Stage Lighting Dance House Decoration Xmas Holiday might seem like an obvious choice as one of the best party lights in the market in 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best DJ lights?
"DJ lights" are specifically designed for use in tandem with a DJ booth for live performances. They are meant to attract attention and give the DJ a dynamic and dramatic presence on the stage.
What are the best outdoor string lights?
String lights come in a variety of different styles.
Some are shaped like honeycomb balls while others are chain linked. Some come with a white string when you prefer colored lights, while others come with bulb lights when you want the strands to be more decorative. You get what you pay for and can even add your own features to some string lights in order to personalize them more.
The best string lights do everything you would want them to do and more. They are made from the highest quality materials for reliable operation. They can be set up for indoor or outdoor use, and they are also easy to use and come with the best extras.
Top string lights are an affordable way to brighten up any room or backyard. You can even string the lights on an outdoor patio umbrella, a gazebo, or a tree. You can also use string lights to wrap around the room decor for a more dramatic look that will leave a lasting impression.
How can I make party lights at home?
If you don't want to purchase party lights, there's a simple way to make them at home for your next celebration.
If you're looking to make just a few for your home or office, you can buy inexpensive LED lights at your local hardware or craft store. And, for the more serious party goer, you can get the 'Owls with Sound Effects Party Light' which is easy to use and can be placed on any wall, ceiling or floor.
If you have old, broken electronics laying around your house that you don't want anymore (and who doesn't), instead use them for these popular, easy party projects.
Use these popular and easy projects and party tips to add some fun to your next celebration.
What are disco lights called?
A good name for disco lights is 'strobe' lights, strobe lighting, strobe lighting effects, disco lights, or disco light effects, although they are not actual strobe lights. What you may have noticed is that the term disco lightings is the most common name for disco lights. Technically, strobe lights are a kind of strobe light, but the two are not the same.
Strobes lights are typically used for timing photography and require a flash unit specifically made for them. The flash unit is used to light up an area with a short burst of bright light in order to freeze a subject's motion. As a result, strobe lights are usually very big, expensive, and used specifically for photography.
When you’re hosting a party/gathering at your home you’ll want to ensure that the lights are a great fit for your party! If you’re struggling to meet your goals in making your party a fun and memorable and you’re struggling with what to light up your party with then the recommendations listed in this article will be of great help to you. With this list, you’re sure to find the right lights for your party. Learn more about these lights in order to make a well-informed purchasing decision in the guide.