I’ve reviewed some of the best waterproof headphones that you can buy today. Sure, they’re all a bit on the expensive side, but then again, if you’re a keen runner, they’ll be the last pair you’ll ever need to buy.
As I write this, I’m sporting a pair of AIAIAI TMA-2 Modular headphones. They are the perfect size for working out, and have great sound and are incredibly comfortable. These are a great pair to get started with.
1. LETSCOM Bluetooth Headphones IPX7 Waterproof
- IPX 7 waterproof
- High sound quality
- Built-in mic
- Good battery life
- Easy to use
These headphones are waterproof and sweatproof, which makes them perfect for the gym or for training outdoors. The sound quality is good and the built-in mic allows you to take calls without having to remove the headphones. The battery life is terrific and they’re comfortable and easy to use.
According to reviews, these come packaged in a nice box that also includes a cleaning cloth. They are easy to pair with a variety of Bluetooth-enabled devices and are also easy to store.
However, many reviewers report these headphones don’t perform well in humid conditions (e.g. if you sweat a lot during exercise). It’s a good idea to wipe them down afterward, especially around the earcups.
2. Mpow Flame Bluetooth Headphones V5.0 IPX7 Waterproof Wireless headphones
- Excellent value for the money
- Long-lasting battery
- Great sound quality
- Comfortable fit
Mpow Flame waterproof headphones have been making a lot of noise in terms of sales as well as customer satisfaction. With a wide array of cool color options, a long-lasting battery, and a super inexpensive price tag, this video headphones package comes with all one needs to have a good time without being attached to a power socket.
These headphones come with over-ear hooks which ensure total comfort for your ears. They are designed to fit snuggly with no pointy pressure on your ears. With a sturdy fit, there’s no need for you to worry about them falling out during workouts or runs.
Mpow Flame waterproof headphones package comes in a wide color variety like soft black, tropical green, jet black, bright blue, frosted gray, cherry red, etc. There are three varying sizes of ear buds available namely small, normal, and large.
3. Swimbuds 100% Waterproof Headphones Designed
- Swimbuds are waterproof with a full warranty
- You can dive to a depth of 3m, which is equivalent to 10 feet
- Safe and portable buds for a safe and secure fit
- You won’t find yourself worrying about losing your bud in the ocean
- Swimbuds have a high Quality: Plastic and metal accessories
- You won’t find this bud in your ear as you’re swimming
- Completely waterproof
- High-quality sound
- Swimbuds are built to last and come with a one year warranty
- You can swim or dive to the deepest depth and still not lose your earbuds
- No volume or track control buttons
- Static may be more likely during swimming
- Volume may be an issue with this specific device
- Expect to pay more for this product
- Someone who wants to spend a little less can get something that works in this price range
4. Otium Bluetooth Headphones
- Good long battery life
- Supports multiple devices at once
- Sound quality is great but not amazing
- Slightly heavy buds for running
- Less portable than other contenders
The Otium brand is known for producing quality and affordable earbuds, especially for athletes. Available in multiple colors, the pair comes in four different sizes to ensure you get the right fit.
These headphones are designed for sports enthusiasts, as they are IPX7 water-resistant, making them a good choice for use during rain, light splashes, and other outdoor activities. You can also use them as regular earbuds at home since they are waterproof and sweatproof.
The earphones are compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled devices, so you can even connect it to your laptop or tablet. You also get a noise-cancelling microphone so you can make and receive calls easily.
5. H2O Audio 100% Waterproof Headphones. Noise Canceling
- Headphones are comparable in quality to very high-end music industry headphones
- Music quality is phenomenal, and these headphones are capable of producing a full sound, even when submerged in water
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Less than desirable sound quality for non-aquatic use.
- Expensive headphones — but you get what you pay for!
- If you plan on using these headphones for diving with the included chord, you’ll need to pony up for a waterproof housing case.
6. Waterproof MP3 Player Swim Headphone Submersible IPX8 Flexible WrapAround Style Headphones Builtin Rechargeable Battery USB Connection
- Fully waterproof
- You can play music underwater
- Comes with a built-in microphone
- Rechargeable battery perfect for workout sessions
- Can be used with various media players
- Not ideal for audiophiles
- Earbuds not replaceable
- The volume of the external speaker is not adjustable despite being waterproof
If you’re looking for a pair of waterproof headphones designed with water sports in mind, these earbud headphones from Pyle are an ideal option. You can take them just about anywhere, and enjoy your favorite tunes in the water.
7. Bluetooth Headphones
- IPX7 waterproof
- Good audio quality with no static or muffling
- Lightweight and comfortable in wear
- Good microphone and adequate sound controls
- Long battery life
- You can feel the pressure of the plastic screws that hold the buds together
- The micro USB port isn’t protected when the headphones are plugged in for charging
- The micro USB charging port is uncovered, which means it can easily be clogged and may need extra maintenance to keep it clear
- The fit of the headphones isn’t as strong when compared with other models
- The audio interface on the headset is too short, which means it may not charge unless you have a fat cable
For iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Smartphones, Tablet PC.
These ear buds are compatible with any 3.5mm jack and are rated at IPX7 waterproof. They provide a cordless and convenient way to listen to music or make calls while at the gym, exercising, swimming, hiking, biking or generally doing anything. You can download songs and take and receive calls from the headset. In addition, you also get a cable with a built-in microphone and controls. The cable also works as a charger for your headset.
8. Plantronics 212201-99 Backbeat FIT 2100 Wireless Headphones
- decent quality
- Earphones stay put while jogging, working out
- Post-sales customer service is good
9. Bluetooth Headset,with External Speaker
- Comfortable to wear for extended periods of time
- Limits ambient noise perfectly
- Excellent sound quality
- Attractive design and colors
- Comes with a pouch and cleaning cloth
- Sweat resistant
- LED light could be a tad brighter
- Some users reported the controls being unreliable
This Bluetooth headset from iLife is super sleek and offers some excellent sound quality without breaking the bank.
The headset is available in two different colors – purple and black – and it comes with a stylish pouch for the storing the earbuds, as well as a cleaning cloth.
The package also includes a Micro USB charging cable, which is long enough to offer easy charging from wherever you’re sitting.
10. IPX8 Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds
- Comfortable – can be worn for several hours without even realizing
- Flawless build quality
- Secure rim fits the ear perfectly
- Excellent sound quality – deep bass with clear highs and mids
- IPX8 waterproof rating means you can submerge the earbuds up to 5 meters deep underwater
- Can be connected via bluetooth or a 3.5mm audio jack – allows for multiple-device connections, including a tablet and a phone at the same time
- In-line remote and microphone allows you to control and take calls
- Can be used with any 3.5mm-enabled device, including laptop and desktop computers
- Multipoint pairing allows you to connect two devices at the same time
- Uses a standard magnetic charging cable, charges quickly and gives the earbuds an incredible 5-hour battery life
- Doesn’t come with a carrying case or a charging cradle
- The bass may be too heavy-handed for some users
- Earbuds don’t come with any sort of noise cancellation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best waterproof headphones?
Headphones are portable, ubiquitous, and almost always waterproof.
There are countless headphones on the market with all sorts of different features and advertising, many of which claim to be waterproof or even IPX7, but are they any good?
There aren’t that many headphones on the market that truly deserve to be called waterproof. As is the case with other accessories, you usually get what you pay for when it comes to waterproof headphones.
However, there are plenty of models that are worth checking out as well-made alternatives.
So, if you’re in the market for some new waterproof headphones, check out the models listed below.
What headphones does Michael Phelps use while swimming?
We don't know exactly which headphones Phelps uses, but we do know he prefers waterproof headphones, and that's what you should be looking for if you want to swim underwater with your tunes.
The waterproof-certified models on our list are ideal for the pool and the beach. If you're going to be submerged in water with salty or chlorinated water, you'll want a pair of headphones that can stand up to that; if you need a wireless pair, you'll want to stick with a manufacturer that offers water-resistant properties in the wires themselves.
And if you're out in the rain, any of these 4 pairs will work well until you make it inside.
No matter what situations you find yourself in, you're sure to find the right pair of waterproof headphones among the top 10 on our list.
What are the best waterproof Bluetooth headphones?
The best waterproof Bluetooth headphones will be the ones which are always what you need. The way, these Bluetooth headphones work is that they have an internal bone conduction system which will operate even under water.
However, there is one more hurdle in choosing these types of headphones. You need to make sure if you are going swimming that you are aware that using these headphones in the water could damage the internal system.
You don't want to throw your headphones in water or even drop them in if you can avoid it at all. No one likes to head to the pool and hear popping noises coming from their headphones.
Are there any waterproof headphones?
Many headphones are marketed as waterproof, but this is somewhat misleading. Most manufacturers, even the big brands, simply make them water resistant. In most cases, manufacturers don't actually claim that their headphones are waterproof. They just claim they are water resistant and clearly state that you should not submerge them in water.
The difference between water resistant and waterproof is critical. Water-resistant headphones are less expensive than waterproof ones, but they only 8 can withstand water when it comes in contact with the headband. Waterproof headphones, on the other hand, can handle a little water intruding into their ear pads. Most waterproof headphones can handle around a 30-degree water submersion.
The JVC HAEB75 Sports Waterproof Headband Headphones are our favorite waterproof headphones of 2017.
If you want to swim with your headphones on, these headphones are the ones you want.
The most important thing to look for when purchasing a waterproof headphone is the product’s ability to withstand immersion. While waterproofing can be made in a number of ways, we recommend sticking with headphones that are tested and found to be waterproof by an accredited institution. Flexibility of use is also important, so take note of if the headphones can be used to answer calls or connect to a USB in case you want to use them for some other function as well.